Thursday, December 07, 2006

The word from the local Tennessee weather station is that we'll have a smattering of snow. Now, that may not sound like much to my friends in Colorado and in Michigan, but it's been quite awhile since we've seen anything white coming from the sky in a large amount here in East Tennessee. I was chatting with a gentleman at a restaurant last night (Jill teases me about how I'll get into casual conversations with total strangers, but I can't help it - talking with other people is like reading a book. I feel like I'm browsing through a library.) who reminded me that it has been five years since we've seen a snowfall of any significance. Here's hoping that we get a nice snowfall on Friday. It's a 30% chance, but it just might happen.

--------------

Nicholas will be home in a little less than two weeks from ETSU. He got a 98% on his computer test, and his grades are great so far. He's as hyper about the holidays as we are.

-----------------

Dave Park has been our speaker in chapel for the last two weeks and will continue through the month of January. Fantiastic man and a strong, strong speaker of the Word. His ministry is His Passion and you can see some of the God-honoring work they do by clicking here:

www.davepark.com

----------------------

This has been a trying week. I have had one counselling session after another, and many are of students who are hurting....really hurting. I feel quite drained but I am also encouraged by the magnificence in the steady climb of these young people through the reaching out of Jesus in their lives.

"Oh, this is a reality, not a fable, that the Lord Jesus Christ is our friend. And we should not be satisfied till we are brought to this." - George Muller

-------------------------

Please pray for some major decisions we must make soon. Please pray also for Jill to be relieved from some of the many sicknesses that plague her. She has been diagnosed with numerous disease infestations in her body, one of which has stripped her of all energy. She is told that in effect, she has had a form of mono for years! It is very hard for her during the winter months.