Monday, December 04, 2006

Thankful for your prayers


These past few months have been a very trying time for me, but I feel the prayers of my fellow Christians as I endeavor to serve the Lord daily. At a spiritual retreat last month for our school, I asked for prayer; the pressure was just too great. Satan was trying to wreck our household, what with Jill's sickness, my deadlines, Nicholas' college bill, Peter's schooling challenges and various counseling emergencies. I could hardly raise my head.

Yet without so much as a word, the entire group of retreat leaders and the student senate came over and laid hands on me, praying fervently for my recovery and wellness in Christ.

It has helped.

I have been able to take steps in seeing my faith strengthened. Jill's latest doctor's visit has given us hope. Other answers, small but evident, have been popping up here and there.

We received an anonymous letter from some dear Christian people that has been a nuclear answer to prayer.

Look, I don't seek some miraculous response that knocks me over with piles of money or total recovery. I'm not looking for a me-first life. I jsut want to be able to draw closer to Jesus and know that I can take the steps He shows me.

In ther words, I don't want me to trip over me. I don't want to be in the way of myself.

I want Jesus to have total leadership, and I'm seeing Him doing that more and more each day.

Psa 3:4 - I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.

Psa 18:6 - In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, [even] into his ears.

Psa 120:1 - In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me.

Jon 2:2 - And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, [and] thou heardest my voice.