Friday, December 29, 2006

TRUE LOVE

The best marriage advice I heard was when I was assisting in a wedding in Michigan. The preacher told the couple:

"You know, the are many kinds of marriage loves. One is the IF marriage love, as in,'IF you keep a good job, I will love you,' or 'IF you remain beautiful, I will still love you." Another is BECAUSE love, as in 'BECAUSE you are talented, I love you' or 'BECAUSE you have a great career planned out, I still love you.'"

The preacher went on to say,"The truest love is the IN SPITE OF love. It says 'IN SPITE OF the fact that you have had disapointments, I still love you,' and 'IN SPITE OF the fact that you have an illness that won't go away, I still love you." It's the love of 1 Cor 13 and it's a love that will make your marriage enduring and endearing."