Wednesday, February 14, 2007


John 12:21 - "The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus."


I've been fighting a real uneasiness in the past months.


I am tired, so tired of this celebrity-driven society. I go to WalMart and movie mags cover the checkout line. I work out at the local gym and the bank of televisions are constantly playing talk shows and soap operas. I can't even have a meal at McDonald's without turning around and seeing a fictional show on the overhead TV.


I'm wanting a deeper relationship Jesus more and more each day...and I'm wondering if there are many yet who really want to know the Savior. Scores of people I encounter know who is dating in Hollywood but couldn't tell me the first thing about a narrative in the Bible of Jesus and the Heavenly Kingdom.


How I love it when I am approached, as Philip was, by individuals who want to seek and hear about the risen Christ!


Heavenly Father, please help us all. Please deliver a thirst and a hunger for You and Your Word once again to Your people.