Friday, February 16, 2007


I remember Mrs. Spinnatiford, an elderly lady much involved in the social side of our rural church in my childhood days.


Coming out of church one fall afternoon, Mrs. Spinnatiford leaned on her eldest son's arm and asked him, "Do you think that Johnson girl is tinting her hair?"


"I didn't even see her," he admitted, helping her into the car.


"And that dress Mrs. Davis was wearing," she continued , "Really, don't tell me you think that's the proper outfit for a mother of two."


"I'm afraid I didn't notice that either," said her son as he sat down in the driver's seat.


"Oh, for heaven's sake," snapped Mrs. Mrs. Spinnatiford. "A lot of good it does you to go to church."

----------------------


Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us. -

Thomas Paine