Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Random thoughts


We're doing a study on Old Testament Hebrew words this week in school. There are treasures galore in the book that the Jewsih community calls the Tanakh. I will share some words int he next blogs to come.

-----------------------------


I grieve for the families of the little Amish girls who were shot in the rampage in Pennsylvania. I can only imagine the terror that these little girls went through as they were chained and shot. My good friends in the Amish community from years past showed a great strength in the Lord and I pray that God shows them a powerful closeness as never before.

Father, please give the families the peace found in Phil. 4:7 - a peace that passes all explanation; a peace that can only come from You.

-----------------------

My book Fireside Psalms - an Advent devotional - is set for a November release in time for the Christmas holidays. We'll be having a booksigning at Cedar Springs Christian bookstore here in Knoxville on November 18th. I thank the Lord for this avenue of writing opening up and becoming possible.

--------------------------

Jill and Sue Polson, wife of Pastor Sam Polson, have become walking buddies. They are planning on covering some serious miles of hiking each day (most of it in malls and walkways) while sharing prayer requests and spiritual encouragement. What a great idea!

----------------------------

Speaking of exercise, I've now hit the six mile mark in my running efforts. I fell great - I haven't run this distance since college. I'm able to keep the pace at 47 years of age! Hope I don't keel over.