Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I'm Angry Right Now


Besides being hurt by some extremely unkind comments, I'm downright mad.

Really.

A friend had relayed to me that a third party had done a vicious hack job - unjustly at that - on my character. Furthermore, this person had lied in order to make the accusation more powerful. And I'm the target.

And you know what? I got angry. Hot under the collar. Steamed.

It was a fellow Christian who indulged in unwarranted gossip, so now I'm at a crossroads: do I match the person's attitude and reply in kind? Boy, I used to be pretty good at that. Remember, I used to host a radio call-in show. You want to argue? I'm ready.

Or do I throw myself under God's instruction and let Him handle the problem? The Bible is straightforward about this kind of problem:


Prov. 10:12, "Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins."

Prov. 12:16, "A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame."

Prov. 17:9, "He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends."

Prov. 19:11, "The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression."

I Pet. 4:8, "And above all things have fervent love among yourselves: for love shall cover the multitude of sins."

Ah, Lord, You know the path I'm to take. I've got to let it go. I must deal with the attacks from the "high road." My flesh doesn't want to - the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Yet I know if I let You handle this, it will come out pointing toward You, not me.