Wednesday, October 11, 2006

At convention


I'm in Greensboro, North Carolina in the Koury Convention Center right now, readying to speak at three seminars during the ACSI Convention throughout the rest of this week. The Association of Christian Schools International is a great organization, and I look forward to my opportunities to run workshops each year. I do miss my family terribly, though. When I'm away from my family, I feel as if a part of me is missing.

--------------------------

Ah, what a great reading in devotionals today.

"Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens." —Lamentations 3:41

We're raising hands of dependency toward God, recognizing Him as Father and Lord. It's a comforting truth in the harried lives we lead.

Charles Spurgeon says this:

"The most healthy state of a Christian is to be always empty in self and constantly depending upon the Lord for supplies; to be always poor in self and rich in Jesus; weak as water personally, but mighty through God to do great exploits; and hence the use of prayer, because, while it adores God, it lays the creature where it should be, in the very dust. Prayer is in itself, apart from the answer which it brings, a great benefit to the Christian."