Monday, January 22, 2007

Slow down and see Jesus

"You never hear Jesus say in Pilate's judgement hall one word that would let you imagine that He was sorry that He had undertaken so costly a sacrifice for us. When His hands are pierced, when He is parched with fever, His tongue dried up like a shard of pottery, when His whole body is dissolved into the dust of death, you never hear a groan or a shriek that looks like Jesus is going back on His commitment." - Charles Spurgeon

My greatest desire is to know more about Jesus and what He has for me to do on this earth. I have the chance each day to tell about Him in my Greek class - even in my Speech class I have the opportunity to share about the Savior. With each day, I want people to know how He's taken care of me and my family, leading us into both salvation and day-by-day care.

My passion, then, is to know as much as I am able about His will and His power in me and others. I want to know more about this Jesus! I am in total agreement with the Blaise Pascal who said "Not only do we not know God except through Jesus Christ; We do not even know ourselves except through Jesus Christ."

"To every toiling, heavy-laden sinner, Jesus says, ‘Come to me and rest’. But there are many toiling, heavy-laden believers, too. For them this same invitation is meant. Note well the words of Jesus, if you are heavy-laden with your service, and do not mistake it. It is not, ‘Go, labor on,’ as perhaps you imagine. On the contrary, it is stop, turn back, ‘Come to me and rest.’ Never, never did Christ send a heavy laden one to work; never, never did He send a hungry one, a weary one, a sick or sorrowing one, away on any service. For such the Bible only says, ‘Come, come, come.’" - Hudson Taylor

Time for me to rest in Jesus.