Monday, January 29, 2007


I, like you, keep looking for ways to honor Jesus for what He has done for me - and as I continue to see His love and care over me, I realize that I do not want to return a useless life. I think of the anonymous poem proclaimed years ago:


Some people die in ashes.

Some people die in flames.

Some people die inch by inch,

playing silly, little games.


I don’t want a false, self-congratulatory life like people make up on YouTube or MySpace. I want a real, God-honoring life. And in my pursuit in doing so, I see Galatians 6:3-4 that says


"Be sure to do what you should, for then you will enjoy the personal satisfaction of having done your work well, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else."


I want to do what I should and I don’t want to compare myself to anyone else. Let Jesus do the judging.