Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ah, coffee!

Good morning to you!

I sit here, ready to have my morning devotions, and I sip the nectar so necessary for my mental wellbeing: coffee! I realize that I am not the only one who sings praises of this magnificent beverage, for its praises have been sung down through the ages:

The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., "Over the Teacups," 1891

No one can understand the truth until he drinks of coffee's frothy goodness. ~Sheik Abd-al-Kadir

Coffee falls into the stomach ... ideas begin to move, things remembered arrive at full gallop ... the shafts of wit start up like sharp-shooters, similies arise, the paper is covered with ink ... - Honore de Balzac


-------------------------

I sat and prayed with a dear student whose friend is gone and cannot be found. This lost friend has been facing depression and is wandering somewhere around the county; he has been fighting God and has mentioned suicide before. He parents called my studetn and they were frantic; he's nowhere to be found. He was missing since the night before. Please pray for this lost teenager.

So special is the chance to pray with a student who would trust me enough to share such a heartbreaking burden.

---------------------------