Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Today was the first day of school for the 2012-201 year at Grace Christian Academy in Knoxville, Tennessee.  We had the students in short introductory sessions of thirty minutes apiece.  Already I am enthusiastic for the next day of school to come.  There are so many truths in the Bible to glean, and so little time!

I hold this portion of Scripture up as my personal teacher's verse for the school year:

1 Thess. 2:4  - "...we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts." 


This verse gives the spirit of my passion to teach.  I am not here to be the students' "buddy," nor am I desiring to win a Teacher of the Year award (the very idea of it is repugnant to all of my values as a   Christian teacher). I am here to teach the pure and powerful Gospel so that these young people may find Christ as never before - for some, salvation - and then be teachers of the very same explosive and powerful Word.  My only desire is to please God as I serve Him in the classroom each day.