Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The desire for God's Word

Several students have approached me and insisted that I take their application to the Theology Camp seriously.  This is what puts joy in my Bible mission work here at the school.  When I query them as to why this wish to attend, each one of them said they wanted the Q & A time that will allow them to get answers to the Bible that they've wanted to ask for so long.  One young lady even said, "When you mentioned that we'd sit in front of a fireplace and have a question time about the Bible each evening - no matter how long the question time would be, we'd get answers - well, that's when I looked at a friend next to me and said 'this is what we've been waiting for.'  I sense a real hunger for learning God's Word.

We're studying a number of different subjects this week, including the doctrine of God (specifically the proof of His existence) and the reality of Hell.  There are also some lessons on cults as well as looking at some more Koine Greek words from John chapter 1.

A former student of mine stopped by the house last night, in much need of encouragement and help in his impending career and ministry.  We spent some hours together, talking about the necessary steps he needs to take in order to make available the doors God is opening to him.