Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Prophecies in the classroom

We're now into Tuesday of the school week and I have a few minutes before we take a lunch break.  I have just finished loading the quiz grades and so far it looks like the class has adjusted to the pace of college-prep note-taking in its early forms.  We are moving at a brisk pace on the Powerpoint and the reception seems to be determined - I have heard virtually no complaints as I go into the next gear in the study.  We talked today about the prophecies of the Bible , from Psalm 22's Messianic truths played out in the Gospels (specifially verses 1, 16 and 18) to the stunning realization that Christ fulfilled Psalm 34:20 even in His physical death:  "...none of His bones will be broken." 

I actually heard some gasps as we revealed the prophecies.  That is what makes this teaching so exciting - the honest and open excitement about Scriptural discoveries.