Monday, August 14, 2006

A LAST LOOK AT THEOLOGY CAMP





Here are three more pictures taken at Theology Camp, made possible by my good friend and student Alison Poland. I would show you a picture of Alison, but as humble as she is, there is only one picture of her and it is so dark you can hardly make out her features. I will try to get her photo on another post.

The top photo is of Craig Dockery; the second photo is of me in the water readying for another pool game. The third is of Nicholas Zockoll and Zack Aiken as they prepare to make another grand meal in our spacious camp kitchen.

The Theology Camp was so successful that I will be planning three camps next year, Lord willing. Two of the camps will be high school camps and the third one will be for middle school students. We are already in the planning stages.

-------------------------

It is our first full week of school and each class was spent discussing the Greek word praotes - "gentleness: strength under control" along with the Mark 7 teaching of the Pharisaical washing of the hands and the questions that skeptics will throw at Belivers. I also debated the classes on the issue of the deity of Christ to see if they could show me the truth in the Scripture.

WHERE DO WE FIND THE DEITY OF CHRIST IN THE BIBLE?

John 10:30 - 33.
“I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.”


Colossians 2:9. -“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”

Hebrews 1:8, John 20:28. - Jesus Christ is called God by God.
“But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”

John 20:31. - “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

------------------------


"This is the mystery of the riches of divine grace for sinners; for by a wonderful exchange our sins are now not ours but Christ’s, and Christ’s righteousness is not Christ’s but ours."
- Martin Luther