Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Amazed


I am amazed at how fast 4 year old Joulianne is learning to read.


I am amazed that Nicholas and Alexis will be getting married on May 9th. Time seems to be flying!


I am amazed that starting Monday I will be fulfiling my lifelong dream of being a fulltime writer.


I am amazed at how Jill is as pretty as she was the day I married her - after all I've put her through.


I am amazed at how good Peter is in onstage acting. Especially the British accent thing.


I am amazed at how God gave us this house to turn into a home and have so much fun in it.


I am amazed - every time I look in the mirror - at how much uglier I get every day.


I am amazed at how mind-boggling boring Public Radio telethons are. If I had enough money, I'd pay for the whole station just to make all those people quit jabbering.


I am amazed at how God has given us so many generations of kids - who are now adults - that I had the privilege to teach and love and see grow up... who still call or stop by and pay their respects.


I am amazed at how tired I get more and more.


I am amazed at big snowfalls. Blizzards really throw me for a loop, too.


I am amazed at the brilliant apologetic writings of CS Lewis and the heartfelt narrations of Augustine.


I am amazed - and will always be - and the plan of salvation. What God had made possible for me through Jesus Christ just stuns me. And that Jesus was willing to go through His suffering for someone like me... well, it's beyond words.





Blessed {be} the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly {places} in Christ... Ephesians 1:3