Thursday, April 30, 2009

azab


I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. - Psalm 37:25


The truth of God's protection is that His children are given care and guidance ... even when they may not know it. Many times I've encountered Christians who find out the protection they've been given even when they were not aware of it at the time. the word f"forsaken" in this verse is azab and it has a heavy definition: to be left behind, let alone, neglected, abandoned.


There are times when I felt that God had left me. The time I was called to candidate in San Jose at a church of 600. They called me for an interview, phoned me many times, asked tons of questions...and then changed the rules mid-stream. In a heated deacons' meeting the group argued over the percentage of "yes" votes by which they would take me. Through some last-minute dealings, I lost the calling by a few percentage points. I was devastated.


Yet about three years later I found out that the church had an inner cancer of dispute and arguments. The church and school folded and closed down not even six months after that vote.


If I would have picked up my family and moved across the country, there was a good chance I would have been unemployed within a year.


I see that as a firm yet loving Hand of Care, protecting my family from turmoil. Many is the time when I was given help when I didn't even know it. You probably can remember times inyour life as well.


Such is the way of the Father.