Monday, October 06, 2008

Last night's meeting

It seems as if the Lord is not directing in the area of expanding or even maintaining the College Ministry... at least that's the direction I'm seeing. We had the information meeting last night for financial support and virtually nobody showed up. Since Jill and I have been pouring our incomes into the ministry, we've found ourselves under a severe financial strain, hence the meeting last night. The turnout sent a clear message to me that although I have a lot of vocal support in the community, there is little else, and so I am forced to postpone the ministry and see where the Lord is leading.

Jill and I had laid out a fleece concerning this meeting. The answer came through loud and clear.

Yes, I am disappointed, but when God makes it clear that a door uis shut, there's no use worrying or fussing about it.

Time to pick up and move on. I'll keep up my writing and publishing, but that's not the ministry I felt we were led into.

I wonder if there are any ministries in the United States who could use someone like me with a heart for college and/or career people?

If you know of one, please contact me.