Monday, October 13, 2008

Col.3:12



pronounced {khray-stot'-ace} sympathy, compassion, tenderness



So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;






Little Julianne's birthday was this weekend - the smallest Zockoll turned four years old! The weekend was filled with hugs, trips, treats and small gifts. At one point when Julie was being treated royally, we saw a great example of today's greek word.

Julianne stopped and saw my wife Jill sitting on a nearby sofa, resting from an exhausting day. "Here, Mommy," she said, giving her only cookie away to her mother. "This is for you so you will be happy."

That act of kindness brought to mind the many who helped lift me up during the long days of this past year for me. Between the sicknesses and injuries as well as the ministerial setbacks, I can say that this has been one of the most difficult years of my adult life. But in the midst of this, I saw Jesus as I saw His love carried through kindnesses brought to me, one who had no ability to retunr the favor because of my condition or the situations surrounding me at the time:

- the immediate and attantive call by old college mate Dan Moorehead when he heard of my pain. I cannot tell you, Dan, how that one phone call lifted my spirits.

- the expression of a gift of foodstuffs toward the College ministry by the Bernard. Mr. and Mrs. Bernard, my wife and I are taken aback by your giving attitude. Chris, you are quite a guy to have a heart like this. Thank you all.

- the continued prayers and notes from the Hydes across the pond in England. You are truly God with skin on!