Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Starting Line


On Sunday night October 5th I will be meeting with interested families here in Knoxville at the Kolinsky home, sharing my ministry about reaching college students and seeing if there is an interest in expanding the ministry.

Please pray for this, as this is a pivotal meeting. I will be basing much of our future plans on the decisions made that night.

Although I am excited and a little nervous about it, I don't have an anxiety about it. Hey, this is all of God's doing, and if it is meant to be, then He will make a way.

Phil. 4:6 puts it this way:
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."


The Greek word for "anxious" is "merimnaƍ" and it gives two pertinent definitions:
1. to be taken over by troubles - in other words, to be rippling with worry.
2. to seek to promote one's self interests - in other words, to turn my eyes of of Jesus and to rely on my own wits.

Both definitions show that anxiety in a Christian's walk is a crack in the foundation of the relationship with Jesus.

This college ministry is not a self-interest. This is not an ego trip. And I will not trouble the waters of my relationship with Jesus by fretting and fussing about it if things don't turn out the way I want them to.

Merimnao is not my leader. Jesus is.