Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Quick notes

Although I try to keep as much Scripture study in this blog, I want to drop a few personal notes...

Nicholas will be coming home from Camp RedCloud (Lake City CO) at the end of October. He has announced his engagement to Alexis Shipley of Greenville TN. We are very excited. Nicholas will be home and working toward transferring to University of Tennessee. He is also looking into options of a military career, possibly Air Force.

Peter is in another play at Berean. This one will be a Sherlock Holmes mystery. They have a great theatrical program, a very impressive director named Mr. Brown.

My back pain is constant but liveable. Yesterday was excruciating for about three hours but the rest of the day was okay. Last night was fine. This morning my lower back had a dull throbbing rather than the sharp pain that would make my skin crawl. And here's the strange thing: I can still run. I hit the treadmill for 40 minutes to an hour five times a week and , as the doctor said, there is nothing wrong it. In fact, it even helps it at times. ?

Jill is readying us for the fall holidays already! Of course, with the NFL underway, we already in a great mood. I'm preparing to put a gas line into the downstairs fireplace so she'll be warm all winter. Fibro myalgia is brutal to her when the winter cold sets in.

Julianne, of course, is Julianne. She's three years old but has decided that she is the only one to monitor the medical progress of my back. She is Julianne the Doctor who feels it's important to whack my knee with that little medical hammer every time she wants to see if my back is okay.