Friday, September 05, 2008

Friday morning


I am finishing the editing of my youth pastor's ministry book that will be picked up by two Christian universities. It's slow going, but I should be done within a week and ready for final publication.



I say this guardedly: It is nearing 9 o'clock and this is the first morning since May that I have been pain-free. I am plenty sore - my back still throbs - by the pain started subsiding last night about 10 p.m. It is hard to believe that I have been putting up with this since the end of last school year, but it's true. I have had plenty of quiet times with the Lord while flat on my back, so I honestly say I cannot regret the time I spent in this condition. And this is not to say that it is over. Even as I write this, my skin still crawls with the pulsing soreness deep in my back. But still, I at least have a morning without glass-sharp pain ripping into me.






"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." - C. S. Lewis