Tuesday, September 29, 2009

God's Holiness


God is holy - that truth constantly amazes me and stops me cold whenever I try to follow my own paths. We often overlook God's sacred separateness and try to fit Him into a category that would satisfy our selfish needs. We cannot overlook the fact that the Scriptures constantly remind us of God's holiness.

Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders? Ex.15:11

Give unto the LORD the glory [due] unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. 1 Chr. 16:29

Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. Psalm 29:2


Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. Psalm 30:4


God sits upon the throne of his holiness. Psalm 47:8

God hath spoken in his holiness. Psalm 60:6

Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? Hbk 1:12