Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Giving it all over to Jesus


The past months have been an eventful, and at times fun, period in our household. Nicholas has now graduated from the AirForce trainiing in San Antonio, and Peter is settled into his regimen at his final year at Grace Christian Academy. My work with the American Basketball Association, Premier Basketball League, TownMe, Project Doulos and other companies has made my office busy to say the least.


But I'm looking to see what the Lord Jesus Christ would have us to do now. But I'm letting Jesus open the doors.


For the past months I've been almost exclusively working with secular companies and have had an ache to serve in the ministry in the area of writing. Enhancing this yearning is the great time we have each Sunday evening as University of Tennessee students come in for our Bible study. At times I want to minister so much more that it keeps me awake at night.


"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." - Proverbs 16:9


However, I see the Lord telling me that patience is the key here.


"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." - Psalm 46:10


My daily reading in the Scripture (Ezekiel and Jeremiah) have constantly shown me the principle of slowing down and waiting.


And for once in my life that is what I'm going to do. In doing so, I am openly laying out all plans and hopes solely on the lap of the risen Christ. There's a great peace in doing this.