Thursday, July 24, 2008

It is good...


Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
-Psalm 43:5


It was good for me to be afflicted
so that I might learn your decrees.
-Psalm 119:71


I've been having a lot more times of reflection, and some clear observations have become prominent to me:


1. Despite many people's initial response to it, it's okay to be sad sometimes.

2. For a good one-on-one time with God, few things beat a solitary walk.

3. For an ADHD person like myself, it''s often good to disengage all gears and let the Lord speak in a small voice. No distractions and no agenda cluttering my mind.

4. When I really concentrate on the magnificence of God and what He has done for mankind, I come away stunned. Really.

5. The story of Jesus and His ministry will never cease to amaze me.

6. Total reliance upon God is a very hard thing, because I am stupid and selfish.

7. The never-ending answer to helping alleviate depression and anxiety, for me, is an all-out concentrated reading of the Bible. Nothing, but nothing can top it for giving me peace. That's the honest truth.