Thursday, June 22, 2006

Random Thoughts

Believe it or not, our household is enjoying World Cup soccer. Even outside of our obvious favorite, we're following the many different stories of the Cup race.

------------

One of the delights of my summer rest and relaxation is to read and watch selected movies. My latest books are McCullough's John Adams as well as a well written biography of Hall of Fame pitcher Sandy Koufax and one about Queen Elizabeth (I'm random, I know - I tend to read two or three books at the same time.)

As for movies, I enjoy the old silent films of early film star Harold Lloyd (Speedy and Safety Last are two of my favorites). Of course, I've watched and re-watched Super Bowl XL at least once a week since January. If all goes well, I will travel with my boys back up to Latrobe, PA to see the Steelers' training camp in August.