Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Birthday




Yesterday was my birthday and I was surprsied with a visit from a group of my students from the Academy! Wow, it was nice to be able to see that students don't forget you. I think that it probably one of the hardest things for a teacher to face - the "loss" of a graduate to the world of careers. (I bristle at the mention of the phrase "the real world" as in you'll soon be going out into the real world"...who makes that distinction? The students are not living in reality right now?) I'm 47 years old now, but I must tell you that I feel as good as when I was 20. The radical diet the doctor has me on has made incredible changes in my health.

Please pray with me for Dan Prince, Meghan Prince and a whole group of grads who will be going to Guatemala for a mission trip...pray that it is more than a sightseeing tour, but that the work of Christ will truly be done and an impact can be measured.

My latest reading material: biographies on Sandy Koufax and Julius Casar. Both are great reads, giving insight into the subjects fot eh books.