Saturday, May 06, 2006

Better health but broken hearted.


I've lost over ten pounds since the doctor put me on a rigid diet following my heart/reflux/esphagus/chest pain/whatever it was visit to the ER last month. I've been off coffee from the day I saw him and I haven't touched a carbonated drink either. This is pretty amazing since I worked for Pepsi when I was in college, and at onetime averaged over six fizzy drinks a day!

--------------

I do love the students that I teach, both at church and in school and in the evening classes. I don't know when I've grown so attached to a group of students. I enjoy coming to classtime, no matter where it is. I get the feeling that I am actually reaching them with the truths of the Bible, and very few things in my world can eclipse that happiness. Seeing students draw closer to Christ is one of my top joys.

So you can imagine how devastated I was to go on some blogging sites (at the behest of some adults) and find some of my students with filthy blogs, racy photos and profane dialogue. I'm still heartbroken. I guess I was a bit too naive, but to read the rantings of some of the blogs sickened my stomach. How can a person claim to be a follower of Christ, calling Him their best friend, and have such language and filthy attitudes?

I still cannot accurately describe the hole it burnt into my heart to read such garbage.