Sunday, April 30, 2006

Thoughts on God


God puts in me in incredible awe. The more I dig into the Word, the more amazed I am at the power and glory He chooses to let us observe. His future kingdom that He'll share with us is above stunning; it's beyond human comprehension. A wolrd of total safety? A world with no more pain? A place of complete joy (Ps. 16:11) and no more sorrow (Rev. 21:4) is something that I often sit and ponder.


----------------------

GOD IS IMMUTABLE. Unchanging. Fixed and focused. He makes a vow and keeps it.

29 "And also the Glory of Israel will not lie or change His mind; for He is not a man that He should change His mind" (1 Samuel 15:29).
His Word is ‘forever settled in heaven’ (Ps 119:89).
His love is eternal: ‘I have loved thee with an everlasting love’ (Jer 31:3) and, ‘Having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end’ (Jn 13:1).
His mercy ceases not, for it is ‘everlasting’ (Ps l00:5)