Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tomorrow: the half-century mark

Here's a picture of Julianne and me taken at the Knoxville Ice Bears minor league hockey game.
Tomorrow I will be 50 years old, and I must tell you, I enter into tomorrow's celebration a thankful man. God has been good, amazingly good.

Even in the trials He has patiently taught me and brought me along, so that, as stupid as I am, I can still learn. He's placed some wonderful lessons in front of me so that I can continue to grow in His knowledge.
I'm able to work with professional athletes, start-up businesses and major corporations by writing for them and helping them in the field of communications. I'm able to be creative and form new ideas to help people. I'm blessed to be able to continue to write novels and articles for companies across the country. I'm going to be part of a new publishing firm. More about that later.
And I get to enjoy my family. I have the blessing of having my office inside my home.

Tomorrow, the former members of the West Park Baptist youth group of decades ago will be my guests at our birthday party. So many good things happening.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life... Psalm 23:6