Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Bit Stunned

I am greatly grieved over the events of the past month. A number - a far too high number - of those college students whom I have met who were raised in strong Christian families with good Bible training have fallen hard. I can understand stumbling and getting back up, but the whole-hearted jump into the trash bin is what perplexes me. A number of them have taken a dive and show no signs of remorse. Others are giving me one story and then living another one (amazing what Facebook and MySpace can reveal about the true nature of a person. Do these kids realize that this stuff is also a testimony, going out to scores of people?) Good, solid young people have totally sold out... I'm thoroughly confused. Did they have a faith in Jesus Christ the first place? Was He, or was He not, their best Friend?