Saturday, July 22, 2006

WHAT A CAMP IT WAS



HERE IS A PICTURE OF OUR YOUNGEST CAMPER ... JULIANNE ZOCKOLL. She was a hearty participant at the lunch table but had a little problems with the Greek word study.

---------------------------------

I can hardly begin to describe the great joy I feel as I think back on our week of camp. I will be posting pictures of the great times we had but in quick reflection, I must say that the most satisfying thing was our No-Holds -Barred Question and Answer session on the Bible, held each evening. The campers piled into the room and we sat for late evenings at a stretch, taking questions and looking into the Scripture to see serious answers to bothersome questions.. There were no bands or long musical segments in our camp... that's for other camps. This one was for quiet introspection on the work of the Lord in the life of the camper.

Alison Poland will be sending me over 200 pictures and I will be posting them next week. Thanks so much for pryaing for us and letting me know of your support. This was a camp I'll always remember.

Here are some of the things we enjoyed. (Ask some of the campers to explain some of the most puzzling ones):

OX ROAST
AUCTION
WELDED DIVERS COMPETITION
BIBLE TRIVIA ON ACTS
PYRAMIDS
WATERMELON FOOTBALL
VERSE BY VERSE ON THE BOOK OF ACTS
PUSH UP CONTEST
SKIT CONTEST
PIE EATING
GREEK WORD STUDY
STING PONG
CARTOON TRIVIA
CARPET FLOOR TRIVIA COMPETITION
TEENS MADE THE MEALS
CUP-PASSING CONTEST
SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING
BEACH VOLLEYBALL
GREEDYBALL
HEBREW WORD STUDY
H-O-R-S-E BILLIARDS