Tuesday, July 04, 2006

July 4th celebration!


AH, TODAY IS A GOOD DAY! I LOVE SITTING BACK AND REMEMBERING THE WONDERFUL SERVICE OUR SOLDIERS HAVE DONE. I look for any soldiers and personally thank them for what they've done.

I'm also going to Famous Dave's with some of my students (led by the notorious John "BBQ Bandit" Miller) and eat as many ribs as I can get my grubby fingers on.

Theology Camp notes:

We will leave the high school parking lot at 12 noon on July 16th. We will be returning to the CAK high school parking lot at 1:30 p.m. on July 21st.

Campers, this will be a time of serious study. We will be going into Hebrew and Greek terminology in the Bible, for starters.

You will also be learning how to cook...really! There will be Team Chef details, and each camper takes a shift at cooking. Let's call it Heaven's Kitchen.

If you'd like, bring an extra journal for your personal thoughts and reflections after devotional time.

-------------

"If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." - CS Lewis