Monday, October 31, 2005

Dinosaurs?

Just a quick thought...

among the many e-mails I have been receiving from students, one stood out to me, and I had not spent that much time in the classroom in past years discussing this:

Are there any verses describing dinosaurs in the Bible?

The answer is "yes" and if you would turn in your Bible to Job 40 and look at verses 15 through to the end of the chapter, you will see a very clear description of what scientists would call a Brachiosaurus - note especially the reference to the "tail like a cedar"...

-------------

A quick note to my athesit friends: a statistician came to me the other day and told me, when confronted by atheists about the knowledge of a non-existence of God, he simply quotes them the Null Hypothesis, as known by statisticians.

The Null Hypothesis, in laymen's terms, states that nothing is false until you can disprove it. INTERESTING! The atheist's claim that there is no God must be followed by the proper steps of showing that by fact that it is not so. In the statistician's world, this has not been achieved, and he told me that no atheist has ever been able to overcome the Null Hypothesis as a challenge.

-------------------