Thursday, December 24, 2009

On this Christmas Eve I praise Him


Thank you, Lord for the many blessings of the year.
Thank you that our home has been a haven for a number of people who needed a place to stay in difficult times.
Thank you for the joy that we have every Sunday night when the college students come over for the Bible study.
Thank you for Jill, who has faced trials this year and has been able to still honor and thank you each day.
Thank you for Peter and his being part of our family. May he see You especially powerful this year.
Thank you for Nicholas and Alexis and the new Christian home they start in their first year of marriage.
Thank you for Julianne and the increasing, honest love she has for You.
Thank you for the hard times I faced this year and the fact that without You I could not have made it. Thank you for Christian friends who were an example of Your love in time of need, who were there to listen and assist. May I learn from that example.
Thank you for healing me in more ways than one, again proving that You indeed are Jehovah Rophe, "Our Lord Who Heals."
Thank you for being in our household, in our car, in our church, in our conversations, in our business decisions, in our times of need and in our times of joy. You truly are Jehovah Shammah, "The Lord is Present."
Thank you for guiding me in decisions I could not have made myself. Thank you for leading me into spiritual matters where I could not find a way. There is no doubt You are Jehovah Rohi, "The Lord is my Shepherd."
Thank you for taking care of us as I continue to write and gather work during these difficult economic times, further showing that You are "Jehovah Jireh, "The Lord who will Provide."
And thank you, thank you for bringing me peace in times that I needed it most, and when I didn't even know that I needed it, reminding me that You are rightly called Jehovah Shalom, "The Lord our Peace."

It's all You, Lord, and all praise and glory goes to You in Your holy domain.