Friday, August 28, 2009

Recent events




I'm heading over to Concord Christian School this morning to help introduce Blueprint Doulos, the teamwork and leadership program I wrote, designed for Christian youth groups and high school students. In late September I'm supposed to meet with some organizations in Orlando who may make it a national ministry. Jill and I are praying about this. If it can be part of a Christian organization's growth, then it'll be a blessing to me to be able to provide it.
We've had a busy household around here. As Jill and I were renovating, I pulled up some carpet in the main fireplace room and found that underneath looked to be some pretty nice wood flooring. I ripped up the rest of it to find some awesome parquet flooring, hidden from sight for over twenty years, It's changed the look of the whole room.


Then Dave Whitaker, wife Lynette and daughter Kaylan were traveling through to get Kaylan settled in for college. I worked on the staff at Heart to Heart Bible Church in Phoenix AZ where Dave was the pastor. That was almost ten years ago. The whole family looks like they haven't aged a bit... well except for Kaylan. She was only eight when we left. Now she's a beautiful young lady, ready to strike out on her own.

Then I get a call a couple of days later. It's the Moorehead family from the Kansas City area. What a riot! They were also passing through, so we stopped the work day and threw out the spread for a lunch that ended up lasting three hours or so. What fun. Dan and Kathy Moorehead are dear friends from the old college days. They were chugging along the interstate with their family, also on the way to droppiing off their son Nathan for college. It was a great time. I keep telling Dan he needs to move here to Knoxville, but will he listen? We have everything you'd want in a town... mainly restaurants. Tons of eateries here in the town. Hey, that's pretty big incentive.

Peter will be playing football tonight for Grace Christian Academy. They're playing a school in Chattanooga, an away game. Peter will be putting some time in as a linebacker and maybe a bit as a lineman. He's really adapted to the speed and the flow of the game and he'll be ready to go tonight.

--------
Psalm 143:8 - "Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust..." It's in the morning, before the rush of the day, that I best feel God's gentleness. Yes, that's it, His gentleness. He lets me arise and get my thoughts in order, but He wants to help me sort them out in the correct manner, with an eye toward Him. As I get this proper view of the day, I am ready to walk the pathway with better sight toward all the challenges I'll face.