Friday, January 23, 2009

Love to Write


My writing assignments have been picking up considerably, and as much in the secular world as in the Christian realm. It has been amazing.


Among the assignments in my docket:


- setting up the content for a web page and e-book for a West Coast online website corporation

- writing a fiction novel based on the life of a retired DEA agent

- editing an e-book on the tournament preparation for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

- writing and editing a book for a Canadian e-company

- writing press releases and bios for the Ice Bears hockey team

- writing sports reports for the local pro basketball team

- getting back to my old radio days: writing copy and providing voice talent for a California website company

- writing articles and mini-bios for a new Christian e-magazine

- finishing up a proposal for a parents' book for Focus on the Family


The best way I can describe what is happening is the slow realization of Psalm 37:4 - "Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. "


Few things in life I love doing more than writing. To turn a phrase spoken by Eric Liddell in the movie Chariots of Fire, when I write I feel God's pleasure. I know this is what He has for me, and I cannot get enough of it. I feel His movement as I work, whether it's a devotional from the book of Isaiah or a press release for the hockey team. Wow, this is good stuff, and it's one of the ways I feel God pats me on the back.