Friday, November 30, 2007

God's Fatherly Love


I've been thinking about this massive God who touches the tip of the universe and monitors the structure of the molecule; He's so vast as to see all of creation yet so personal as to care about me. It's hard to comprehend until I bring it down to earth a bit more...


I think of my watchcare over my three year old Julianne. I cannot begin to describe my love for her. Every joy she has is a joy replicated with me. When she cries, I am in agony. When she delights, I sit back with a contentment that nothing else can match.


I think of Jesus, God in the flesh, who likens Himself in Luke 13:34 to a hen that willingly gathers her chicks under her wings for warmth, protection and a phyical display of love. The hen will sacrifice herself but she'll use every strength to protect her loved ones.


Jesus proved that on the cross. And the kicker is, He didn't have to.


That's a love that astounds me.