Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Best Friend


"A friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity." - Proverbs 17:17


Yesterday as I was about to start the work week, I was approached and hurt deeply by some very sharp words.

You know the feeling.

The bottom fell out on me. I sat at my desk and asked myself "Why? Why were these words used in such a thoughtless way? Why was I the target of such an attack - especially at the beginning of the week?" Great way to start a Monday, let alone the rest of the Thanksgiving
week...

I worked through the morning to try to calm my anger and restore peace. I realize that my best way of doing so was to turn to the Savior and have a quiet time. That's what is so fascinating about this Lord - He really does love at all times. In fact, He is ready for the battle.


I'm not saying that all of the frustration went away. But I can say that without my Friend to turn to, it would have been a road that I don't think I could have walked.