Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Stunning Truth about Ability


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" ( Philippians 4:13 )


I always thought that the Philippians verse referred to the ability to do the great, noble and mighty. I can preach before great crowds; I can understand deep truths in the Koine Greek; I can endure trials and succeed where few have succeeded before...


But the WHOLE truth of this passage hit me this morning.


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..." Not only the high and mighty and heroic, but the humiliating.


Through Christ, I can take correction without losing my temper. Through Christ, I can do the mundane jobs without becoming impatient. Through Christ, I can turn away from the embarrassing sins that pester me and try to bring me down. Through Christ, I can lose my pride and truly serve Him.


This verse explains that I can have the power to be abased as well as be exalted.


Amazing.