Friday, March 03, 2006

Glad to be here

My wife Jill is suffering from increasing problems with fibro-myalgia, a frustrating and relatively unsolved malady that keeps her bedridden or fatigued with deep muscle pain. Please continue to pray. She has good days and bad days. yesterday was a bad day. In fact, this week was rough all over for her.

My back has been somewhat of a problem once again but thankfully I am on the road to recovery. Slowly I am beginning a running regimen again to see if it may heal. Again, frustration sets in. I cannot play with Nicholas or Peter for very long, nor can I do anything strenuous with my students without paying for it later on.

However, when I look at the overall joys that Jesus has given to my household: an intelligent and caring wife who loves the Lord, three wonderful children, a generous house for entertaining guests and keeping us together, opportunities to serve in the school ministry, the ability to write and publish, and just getting a chance to honor Christ and enjoy Him ...well, I'm speechless sometimes. He is great and worthy of worship.