Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections on 2011 Part 1

It has been a wonderful year, and it's also been quite a while since I entered anything in my blog. I'm writing this with a little over an hour until the new year of 2012 comes our way, and I wanted to take time to reflect on the many good things that have happened this year to the Zockoll family here in Tennessee:

My wife Jill has been growing stronger - bit by bit - and getting help to be able to overcome her fibro myalgia. We have applied for Social Security benefits and still await an answer. Meanwhile, she has made the homestead an enjoyable and Godly one. Jill is homeschooling Julianne part of the week (Julianne goes to Rivers Edge Academy, which is a home-school co-operative academy that only meets three days a week.)

Peter has accepted the Lord as His Savior in a very powerful decision made about two months ago. After quite a season of seeking, Peter called upon the saving power of Jesus here at the house in front of our fireplace after a long discussion with me. Please pray for his direction and spiritual growth.

My job at Grace Christian Academy has been an exciting one. In one grade level alone (10th) at least a half dozen students have come to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior. Students are learning Koine Greek enthusiastically and the atmosphere in the classroom is powerful.

Sequel Films wants to make my book Gas Tank Chronicles into a movie. There's a lot to be done and I am working on the script, working from the book. John McMillen is heading up the program, and it's quite an interesting project.

More to come...