Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The latest


This is the first time I've been able to have time to sit down and have a snatch of time to make an entry into the Journal. The last few weeks have been almost manic, to say the least. I've been out of speaking and teaching assignments almost daily, while taking on more writing assignments. The Christian Writer's Workshops went well, and the Zockoll Chronicles site (www.zockollchronicles.com) was bought out by Guzo International Spots Management for the purpose of announcing new tournaments and events as well as up-and-coming basketball players around the nation. I have taken on three new ghost-writing contracts along with daily web page maintenance.
Plus, I caught the flu for a second time, and this one took me to the brink of pneumonia. In fact, I'm still having a rough time - and it's been over a week ago that I caught it.

But the Lord has been especially manifest in His watchcare over the family. Peter will be finishing up his schoolwork at the Home Life Academy and is still getting details on his college choices and decisions. Jill is finishing up paperwork so that we might apply for assistance due to her fibro myalgia (tons of paperwork). Julianne is the five-year-old nurse and musician about the household, either singing to us or else making poultices to apply to our feet and knees, whether we need them or not.

I sincerely enjoy the calming words of Philippians 4:9:
"Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

"God of Peace" = theos eirene... the God who brings tranquility and harmony

So many of us fight to bring peace into our lives and households on our own terms. It's good to know that the very Author of Peace invites us to open His Book and see how we can apply the very definition to our walk on Earth. And let me tell you, with all of the mania slamming into our lives day by day, I find it essential to sit with this Author and see what His definitions can do for me.