Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Psalm 48:12-14 Count the Towers!



Walk about Zion and go around her; Count her towers;


Christian, take a look around and see the protection and guidance that God has given you all these years. Start right now! Count your blessings, add them up and start bragging on Jesus. Go ahead, count the towers! Count the times you were delivered!

I recall clearly the time in my youth when I fell off of a car that was moving almost 40 miles per hour. In a moment of teenaged goofiness, I was sitting on top of a car that was racing through a parking lot. I fell off, and to this day cannot comprehend why my brains weren't smashed all over the pavement. I realize that God was preserving me to carry on His ministry in a small way.


Count the towers? Let me list some amazing blessings He has shown us:


1. Jill's continuing recovery from fibromyagia. Remember, only a year ago, she was bedridden for days at a time.


2. Nicholas' ministry at Camp Red Cloud this summer. The doors opened miraculously so that he may minister and be ministered to.


3. The arrival of this 4500 square foot home that we have opened up as a ministry to high schoolers and college age students for serious Bible study and a refuge.


4. Peter's growing sensitivity to the Lord's leading and a continual growing experience at Berean Christian School.


5. The beginning of our publishing ministry to Christian families.


6. Jesus bringing me out of a deep illness with my thyroid. Every day I am happy that my mind is in recovery.


7. My witnessing the personal salvation decisions of people like Chris Swiatocho, Jean Pipestem and the inmate at the South Carolina prison.


8. The students whose lives I saw changed while I taught at Grace Christian Academy, Christian Academy of Knoxville, and Calvary Christian School. The teens who now minister whom I was blessed to see while a youth pastor all these years.




Consider her ramparts; Go through her palaces, That you may tell {it} to the next generation.

For such is God, Our God forever and ever; He will guide us until death.

Ah, there is so much more I could write here, but I must get to work. Thank you, Jesus for an exciting and joyful life these past 48 years. I want the world to know that You get all the credit for any successes I have enjoyed.