Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thankful

"Thanksgiving is the language of heaven, and we had better start to learn it if we are not to be mere dumb aliens there." ... A. J. Gossip

What have I to be thankful for? Ah, this list is a long one, but I'll condense it for the sake of this blog:

A wonderful, wonderful wife name Jill who puts up with my many faults and encourages me in times of stress and grief. Jill is my very best friend here on earth.

My two boys, Nicholas and Peter, who are growing and learning. I see them take steps into manhood in a careful yet serious way, observing and studying, motivating and showing examples...and just plain learning to love the Lord more! I enjoy every moment I have with them.

My littlest one, Julianne, who is now 14 months. She's starting to walk. A baby in the house at my age (46 yrs) has made our place into a circus once again.

My dear, dear Lord and Savior Jesus the Messiah. He has been everything I could hope for and more. This Wednesday I debate an atheist in a public setting. Outside of the clear facts, how can I reach this man to let him know of the incredible love he is missing in his life?